This policy sets out how Renault-Nissan Consulting use and protect any information that you give us.
Data Controller of your personal information
The Rivers Office Park
Denham Way – Maple Cross
Hertfordshire – WD3 9YS
Information we may collect
We may collect your information via forms on our website. We may also collect your information where you make enquiries or correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise.
The information we collect may be:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including your email and/or postal address
- Other information relevant to your request for information or booking an event etc
- Data related to managing your preferences
- Details of your visit to our website including but not limited to traffic data, timing and location data and the resources that you access
Please note that any data you transmit is at your own risk as transferring information over the internet is generally not completely secure.
Use your personal data
The purposes for which we use your information and the legal basis under data protection laws on which we rely to do this are as follows:
- It is necessary for the performance of the contract with you or to take steps to enter into it.
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests e.g.
- analysis to inform our marketing strategy, and to enhance and personalise your customer experience;
- creating a profile of you to determine what products and services you may be interested in for direct marketing purposes;
- responding to online enquiries
- customer satisfaction or market research surveys
- advising you about the products and services that we are providing to you in response to a request from you about this
- prevention of fraud and other criminal activities;
- to verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
- to correspond or communicate with you;
- monitoring communications between us (calls, letters, emails and texts) to prevent and detect crime, to protect the security of our communications, systems and procedures, and for quality control and training purposes
- network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- providing you with customer service, including answering questions and responding to feedback and complaints
- for management and audit of our business operations including accounting
- It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. This includes when you exercise your legal rights under data protection law, to verify your identity, for the establishment and defence of our legal rights, for activities relating to the prevention, detection and investigation of crime, to conduct credit, fraud prevention and anti-money laundering checks and for compliance with our legal and regulatory responsibilities.
- You have given us your consent to use it for direct marketing communications
When we send you marketing information, we make sure to send you information that fits your needs or that are really of interest to you. Indeed, thanks to your personal data you provided to us directly, or that we collect automatically (when you visit our websites), we create a profile of you which allows us to assess and predict as well as possible your personal preferences and/or interests for our products and services. Better knowing you helps us improving your satisfaction.
More generally speaking, we undertake to collect only the personal data that is necessary for each purpose for which we process your data.
Your information is provided to us voluntarily. However, certain information as indicated on the forms will be required in order for us to be able to proceed with your online enquiry or communication.
Managing your personal information
We may need to pass on information you have provided to us to organisations providing products and services on our behalf in order for them to deliver those products and services or respond to enquiries about them. We will only do this where absolutely necessary and require those organisations to adhere to the appropriate legal requirements when managing your data.
We use external parties to oversee and deliver any marketing e-mails, when applicable. We remain in control of all information and our service providers are not allowed to do anything with the information we provide outside of the scope of the specific services we have requested.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your prior permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the current legislation. If you would like a copy of the information we hold on you, please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You may unsubscribe from Renault-Nissan Consulting communications at any time by clicking on the e-mail’s ‘unsubscribe’ link or by contacting us directly.
Retaining your personal information?
We undertake to keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we process them, in accordance with the regulations.
In order to calculate the retention period of your personal data, we use the following criteria:
- The duration of your contract, if you have entered into such contract with Renault-Nissan Consulting,
- The time required to proceed your request,
- Your reactivity to our marketing information,
- The need to keep a record of your interactions with us, for a good management of our commercial relationship,
- Our legal or regulatory obligations.
We may have to keep some of your personal data for a longer duration, in an archive file, in order for us to be able to defend in a legal action, until the end of the statute of limitation provided by applicable law.
Storage & security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), provided that the country to which the personal data is transferred and/or stored ensures an adequate level of protection for your rights and freedoms.
You have the following rights in respect of the processing of your personal information:
- To request access to your information, in other words to receive a copy of them.
- To have your information corrected, if it is inaccurate or not up to date, which will help us to comply with our obligation to have up-to-date information about you.
- To have your information erased (also known as the right to be forgotten), although such right might be limited in view of our contractual or legal obligations.
- To receive a copy of your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and transmit it to another data controller (also known as the right to data portability).
- To object to processing of your information, on grounds relating to your particular situation, and to restrict processing of your information, in the cases provided by the regulation.
- To object to marketing information (notably when profiling is used), you can unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe link in the email we send you.
- To withdraw your consent at any time, for the purposes for which we collected your consent.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. Once you have used these links to leave our site, we do not have control over other websites. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites.